Monday, October 18, 2010

Bridesmaids Dresses


The dresses are from David's Bridal..and the shoes as well...watermelon color.. I think picking out the bridesmaids dresses was a lot harder than selecting my own dress.. I bought the second dress I tried on in the store... the wedding dress shopping "experience" that you've dreamed of since you were a little girl didn't quite happen the way i thought it would.. I thought i would have tried on a million dresses before i found "the one." I also thought the owner would be named Frank and have a strange accent, champagne would be served..and I would act like a bell and swoosh back and forth in my tulle skirt like Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride as Richard Gere reads his newspaper upside down...ding...ding..... I surprised myself with being less picky about things than I thought I would be.. Anyways, the bridesmaids dresses are done..crossed off the list..whew! ...The tuxes were another story.. So my groom, surprisingly, is way more selective than I am.. down to the texture, pattern, and material of the tie...we spent an afternoon going from store to store...i think its weird that no one had vests he could try on.. how am i supposed to know what color combos i want? sure it looks nice in a magazine..but how does it look in person? so..from looking at all their 'books' of 'looks' i guess i know what i want.. ivory tie and vest...black tux... and for the groomsman.. silver/black/white striped ties..black vests...black tuxes.. hopefully it will all come together in the end

No comments:

Post a Comment