Thursday, February 3, 2011





































































We dug out all the flowers for the wedding out of the closets, from underneath the beds, out of the attic..counted them..sorted them into groups for the canopy, reception foyer, table arrangements, patio, cake, even the reception room bathroom.. They recently redid the bathroom in some weird mix of tile and off colors that don't go together..and don't go with the room..so the third photo with the white vase is the arrangement thats going in the reception bathroom..

little details.. i love little details.. i love photos of details.. i have been told by at least two people that no one will notice these details.. but honestly its about my personal satisfaction and the fun of doing it and the memories i'm making with people and family by doing it.. it's also about giving my guests a great experience and not having just an average blah wedding..

I met with the reception caterer again..things have changed a little.. I kinda felt like I was one of those crazy bridezillas after the meeting ..for asking for things a certain way..

I do have (free) use of the back patio for the lemonade mason jars, they'll provide servers, and I can bring the cones. I am reallly hoping this all comes together at the end and it doesn't end up looking like cheese.. We made a trial centerpiece (first photo)..I like it.. I'm hoping to alternate and rent some candelabras to vary the heights in the room of table arrangements. I've got all the lace for the jars from a family member so that's taken care of. I met with the photographer and everything worked out great with her and I got more coverage time than I had expected. The dj is booked too..I have still another appointment with him..but at least I have a song list ready. We started looking at apartments last weekend..Love this one place..We found another place that looks even better and less money so hoping to go see them next week after all this snow melts..

3 comments:

  1. WOW! How annoying? I can't believe they only put 4 cups for a table of 8. That's like Olive Garden putting 5 bread sticks in the basket when they're 4 people at the table. Wait for it........ Father of the Bride, Steve Martin. Flipping out in the grocery store about the 12 pack of hot dog buns, and he only wanted 8, so he took it upon himself to pull out the four "extra" because he wasn't getting ripped off anymore. Haha, love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! totally.. yes thats me flipping out over coffee cups!..among other things .. i've been wanting to watch that movie lately..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really do like that first centerpiece picture. Its super cute!

    ReplyDelete