Sunday, March 27, 2011



I have no idea what my theme is.. I really don't like having to say it's this or that theme.. I don't like being confined to a theme...I want it to be a reflection of my taste rather than a set color theme or idea. So... if anyone has asked me what my "theme" is...I'll have to say a french country, pride and prejudice influence in some areas, shabby chic, sorta vintage in a way, garden like, country sorta" I like french country..I like the scrolly carved wood, eggshell/off white chipped paint..I like the elegance of pride and prejudice with the stationary and piano forte paper cones..I like the colors of the shabby chic brand and allowance of mixing the colors and patterns, I like the garden theme for moss and tulips, peonies, hydrangeas, ranunculus flowers..I like vintage like the old birdcage I left rustic and old picture frames..but I try to stay away from silver teapots and doilies.. and then there's the country influence.. I am mostly from the south, I want the mood to be laid back and relaxed, we've got the mason jars for lemonade outside for a casual intro, some of the music will be country and i'm bringing my boots! So lately we've made 100 napkins for the tables.. I think it really ties everything in.. they are casual, yet elegant, and mixed and matched.. we purchased the fabric at the new joann grand opening store... funny that the the canopy fabric was from the old store moving sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment