Wednesday, January 12, 2011

you are cordially invited....











































As it always happens.. I'm about to shut down my computer and go to bed..when I find a really great website and get stuck on it.. and pretty soon the light is shining through the curtains..the birds are chirping..and it's morning..
I started playing around on this website "just to see" what these invites would look like.. I had already planned to order my invites from the same company from where I originally wanted to order my save the dates (then decided to make my own.)

So on this site.. I made the invite and thought ..oooh that looks good..and then continued with the response card and menu..they didn't have a reception card so I used their clip art and made one on Word. I printed them on cardstock and used a round corner punch. There is a gem on the invite, which I am considering adding to the menu. I added the ribbon last minute..its the wrong shade..ivory not white..but i'll have to get some different ribbon.

Yes, I could have made this all on my own in photoshop, but even if it was working, this was still so much easier. I love it cause I can print them myself also, or send the file to a copy shop. I wanted the invitations done professionally because it would be one less thing for me to do and I had already found the design I wanted.... but I came across this design..it was exactly the same kind of design that I had been wanting.. black and white, plain and simple..yet elegant. ...and it was cheap!

This website hosts several templates that you edit on the site or can pull into photoshop..also they have a wide variety of clip art.. swirls, embellishments, trendy florals, monograms, etc. Many of the designs and clip art I can see being used for other events..not just weddings.. there is a 7 day trial on the site now..but it only lets you download two things.. The full subscription lasts for a year and you can download as much as you want! The two topiaries from the game board I made, were from this site. The website is www.weddingclipart.com ..the name sounds generic but the actual website title is one heart weddings... check out the clip art!

2 comments:

  1. this whole post had ashante and I cracking up!! ahahaha ADDICT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i was there or you guys were here so i can laugh with you! :)

    ReplyDelete