Monday, January 24, 2011

it's getting closer!

20 weekends...20 WEEKENDS!! to do all these projects and come up with enough money to do these projects... wow.. I haven't posted in a while but I have been working diligently on on wedding stuff..The groom and I finally went through all our music and made our playlist which we will discuss with the dj... it's a little bit of everything which i like..and i think the guests will like too.. a few surprises in store if we can get it together.. and we made our final decision on our first dance song..which i'm also keeping as a surprise..we've also been working on our dance lessons.. and we finalized our decision on the transportation for the bridal party from the church to reception.

save the dates are in the mail! hooray! got those mailed out today..

went to atwoods today also..which is now my new favorite store.. a farm supply store of all places!.. its nearby..i've passed it everyday for nearly two years now.. had no idea of all the neat things it had..really! i thought it was just horse feed and hardware..but they have a great selection of candy..rock candy, peppermint sticks, taffy (good things for a candy/dessert buffet)... great stuff for my "welcome to oklahoma" bags for out of town guests..the best selection of jerky..can't believe i've been missing out on this stuff and its been smack in front of my face the whole time.. they have the mason jars that i've been needing..and lots of em... and they have CORN SACKS!! yes corn sacks..why am i so excited over this? these sacks are burlap...about 2 yards for each sack..for a $1.49!!! for each sack! cheaper than the fabric store..sure they smell a little like corn i guess.. but well it's cheap! i've been needing burlap for some creative projects i've been working on like a monogrammed burlap table runner for the head table..etc.. will see how this works out..

2 comments:

  1. Got my save the date the other day! I got so excited because I felt like the card made it that much more official. I guess, its crazier that its coming up so quickly. I mean my goodness, I can't believe a year has gone by as fast as it has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, I can't wait to see all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete