Sunday, April 3, 2011

I love this photo carousel from Pottery Barn... I've been looking all over for a postcard rack in similar size. I saw one a couple of months ago at a fixtures store but it was over 50 dollars. This weekend I went to Border's book store store closing sale and scored one for 20 bucks! The store closing was a little sad though.. Barnes and Nobles is nice but Border's is so much quieter (and cheaper!) and they put a little chocolate cookie on the saucer of my coffee cup and warm up my blueberry muffins with butter! Reminded me of one of my all time favorite movies..You've Got Mail..when Meg Ryan has to close up her book shop. As sad as it was..I came out beaming that I found a full size postcard rack...and then came the task of fitting it in the car..which i'd forgotten about...haha.. I got it in..diagonally...but it fit! It is currently white..going to paint it black and figure out how to make the top more ornate. I'm thinking i'm going to use it in the foyer at the reception. I'm thinking black and white photos of Thomas and I...or photos of us growing up...or photos of past family members' weddings...or vintage French postcards for guests to take? After the wedding I'm going to use it in our apartment.. for photos..stationary..or even mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment